Outside Plant Engineer - Entry Level ( 581217-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be managing all engineering, maintenance, and enhancements to the Outside Plant Telephony Network, including structures, cables, and associated equipment. This critical role will coordinate with a variety of teams and have direct contact with business and residential customers. You’ll work in diverse environments, both indoors and outdoors, to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions to keep our customers happy.
- Designing additions, upgrades, repairs and enhancements.
- Selecting and pricing solutions based on the most effective, efficient, and timely design.
- Coordinating with internal departments and liaising with residential and business end-users, building contractors, and property owners to implement solutions appropriately.
- Creating winning outcomes for both us and our customers.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy analyzing problems and having the autonomy to select and implement the right solutions. While you work well independently, you are also a great team player and enjoy leading colleagues and coordinating efforts to ensure best outcomes. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage multiple assignments and competing priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Valid Driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields.
- Experience with windows-based programs and corporate database systems.
- Experience with CAD, and MS Excel/MS Access.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).