Marketo Principal Engineer ( 580757-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As part of the Verizon Business Group Martech team, you’ll work cross functionally to drive growth and reduce churn with marketing technology. The ideal candidate is an expert in technical and data problem solving but also has a business-oriented vision. You understand how operational roles solve everyday business needs.
You’ll work with the Martech team to translate business needs into aMarketo roadmap and prioritize projects and tasks. As a technical Marketo expert, you’ll handle integrations, implement scripts, develop creative solutions and ensure the platform is performing better than expected.
With a focus on strategic innovation, you’ll keep up with trends in digital marketing and marketing automation and make recommendation for new functionality. You'll be a key member of the team that builds, enables and maintains Verizon Business Group's best in class tech stack.
- Administration and governance of Marketo instances; ensuring compliance and legal requirements; perform integrations with internal and external systems.
- Identify technical/system limitations or issues, mitigate them, provide short term workarounds and develop solutions for the business.
- Maintain Marketo Center of excellence ensuring scalability, efficiency, best practices, and innovative approach; provide Marketo training.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness metrics related to marketing campaigns and platform performance.
- Create and maintain templates that improve campaign efficiency and accuracy, including emails, landing pages, forms, segments, and reports.
- Ability to identify & troubleshoot issues with campaigns or data flow.
- Develop and implement strategies and processes for data governance.
- Immediate responder for troubleshooting production issues.
- Work alongside sales operations to maintain sync between Marketo and the CRM.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert level experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of CRM (SFDC).
- Five or more years of experience in a Marketing Operations, Demand Generation, and/or Marketing Systems/Technology role.
- Strong knowledge of marketing techniques and campaign lifecycle.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, technology, communications or IT or four or more years of work experience.
- Metrics and data-driven and able to present information in an engaging and convincing manner to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Very strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative, positive attitude with the ability to self-start.
- Demonstrated project management expertise, including the ability to accurately specify project timeframes, dependencies and risk factors.
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR and CCPA requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).