E-3 AWACS Radar Engineer OCONUS ( R-00055020 )
Leidos is seeking an E-3 AWACS Radar Engineer with knowledge of the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) E-3 AWACS radar system. The AWACS Radar Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location is Prince Sultan Airbase (PSAB) Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia.
The AWACS Radar Engineer shall perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical technical knowledge to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing continuous on-site technical support at PSAB.
- Providing continuous on-site support at any other base the RSAF deems necessary.
- Assisting in the resolution of RSAF technical issues related to the Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Providing reach-back (liaison) capabilities directly to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), NGC, and/or any other suppliers or contractors.
- Providing technical support, guidance and expertise to RSAF operations and maintenance personnel on E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems. This will include the identification and resolution of common issues up to and including correction of errors contained within technical data.
- Advising RSAF management on all technical and engineering details, issues and/or discrepancies related to the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Participating in the evaluation and design of proposed new systems and equipment and/or changes to existing equipment to determine that the design criteria has been satisfied.
- Review vendor specifications, work statements and test plans for new or modified Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Assisting in the development of repair concepts beyond the normal scope of RSAF technical orders and produces detailed technical instructions to accomplish the repairs.
- Assisting the RSAF in the analysis and identification of correct in-shop practices and procedures to be used during repair actions.
- Assisting the RSAF with the tracking of E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems components while undergoing repair at NGC or their associated facilities.
- Providing engineering assessments and advise the RSAF on matters effecting aircraft availability and operational readiness.
- Evaluating, evaluating and providing feedback to RSAF management on Quality Control reports.
- Training RSAF personnel (including OJT) on the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Monitoring (analyzing and recording) operational performance of the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Providing reports (in accordance with RSAF directives) to the relevant RSAF departments, including attending any meetings that are applicable to the Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, Radar Engineer, or equivalent.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience with the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems or similar Northrup-Grumman equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable on the E-3 Surveillance Radar and IFF fault detection troubleshooting and repair.
- Must have an advanced course certification on the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Knowledge of RSAF technical terminologies, task and responsibilities is desirable.
- Must be able to develop training syllabuses that include theory of operation, troubleshooting and repair of the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems. The individual will be required to perform classroom instruction and OJT.
- Must have a high level of oral and written communication skills, and have a firm knowledge on the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal, communications and teamwork skills.
- Knowledgeable of RSAF Technical Terminologies
- A working knowledge of GOLDesp data acquisition systems is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.