Transmission Line Project Engineer ( R-00062752 )
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth!
Ideally, candidate would be within driving distance of either Portland, OR, or Seattle, WA. However, all qualified candidate residing in the U.S. will be considered.
We are seeking a Transmission Line Project Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with electric transmission. The successful candidate will serve as an Engineer on electric transmission line design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead and underground systems for some of the largest utilities in the country. He/She will apply NESC, ASCE, ACI and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead and underground systems, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects, and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will perform engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, draft plans and specifications, and prepare material procurement and construction documents. This will involve working with a multi-person Leidos team and interfacing with clients, project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management personnel.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
• 2+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems with a Bachelors, or less than 2 years experience with a Master's degree.
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
• Experience using PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE
• Experience with TOWER is a plus
• EIT or PE certification is desirable
• Experience with LPILE or FAD, Mathcad, AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.