Substation Engineer ( R-00068008 )
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Substation Engineer to join our diverse and fast-paced organization. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in leading and designing high voltage utility substation projects. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Demonstrate leadership experience in executing substation projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with the internal team and clients to meet project needs.
- Lead bids and proposal effort for utility clients
- Perform quality control checks on substation design projects.
- Expected to read and design substation protection and control drawings such as one line drawings, three line drawings, AC/DC schematic drawings and wiring design
- Expected to read and design substation physical drawings such as one line drawings, three line drawings, plan-section drawings, foundation , grounding drawings.
- Create and check bill of materials for substation physical
- Act as a key contributor to the develop substation physical application documents to define design scope, philosophies, methodologies, and criteria for medium and high-voltage substation projects.
- Attend site visit at customer location
What you will bring to the table:
- 7+ years of Substation physical and protection control design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, civil or related degree
- Experience with grounding studies/lightning protection and lighting studies.
It would be nice if you had:
- P.E license
- Master’s degree in related field
- Working knowledge of protection and control design
- Experience with bus calculation
- Experience with WinIGS or CDEGS
In this role, you can expect to grow:
- With opportunities for both technical and non-technical training
- By working with different types of projects ranging from distribution to transmission level voltages
- By participating in our mentorship program
- By gaining knowledge in electrical power calculations and NESC
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.