Lead Distribution Engineer ( R-00069629-OTHLOC-7835 )
This position will be based in Charlotte NC. Relocation support may be available to selected hires.*
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Lead Distribution Engineer to join our diverse and fast-paced Charlotte, NC organization. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your professional journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Perform design engineering
- Lead and develop a team of engineers
- Manage scope, schedule and budget of work assigned
- Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
- Leading preconstruction meetings with construction crews
- Review of engineering design packages for construction crews
- Performing functional tasks, planning, and/or customer follow-up
- Performing scope analysis of work assigned and maintaining schedule adherence in support of client priorities.
- Establish and develop client relationships while providing a positive influence in leading a team and collaborating with peers.
- Initiating continuous improvement to work flow processes that drives efficiency and high quality standards in client design deliverables.
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree in (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Industrial)
- 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years: relevant experience either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company
- Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and client construction standards
- Experience with BOUD or GE Smallworld, SEDS, DStar
- Experience using CAD tools
- Experience with software such as: PoleForeman, SAP, Microstation
It would be nice if you had:
- Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.)
- Registered Professional Engineer ( P.E) license
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.