RF Hardware Engineer
The EW Division of Leidos is seeking an RF Hardware Engineer to work with a multi-disciplined design team (electrical engineers, systems engineers, scientists, etc) and will be involved in the design and development of innovative sensor systems. You will work in a small group to develop RF front end systems and assist in performing systems engineering functions such as architecture trade studies and developing design concepts. Candidate will have a strong background in RF hardware design, test and measurement in support of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary design team.
• Support, design, develop and test RF hardware (DC-40GHz) as part of a highly complex integrated sensor solution.
• Generate low level front end specifications based on overarching system requirements.
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplined design team (electrical engineers, systems engineers, software engineers, signal processing engineers and scientists) to implement innovative solutions for RF sensor system development
• Analyze schematic diagrams for either custom or commercial-off-the shelf (COTS) electronic hardware involving high-speed digital and/or analog circuitry.
• Develop and maintain requirements documents, functional specification documents, interface control documents, engineering wiring diagrams etc.
• Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and field testing.
• Provide occasional technical support and/or field support planning, and other field support in general if needed.
• Work on problems of diverse scope, determining methods and procedures to be used on new assignments, and providing feedback and recommendations to other technical personnel.
• Interact with outside customers, suppliers, and functional peer groups.
• Some travel and work at remote sites for limited time periods may be occasionally required.
• Provide status reports to project managers and/or division production manager as required.
• Modelling and simulation of RF circuits using CAD tools such as Spice
• Experience using standard lab equipment such as an oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, power supplies etc
• Demonstrated RF design experience with circuits cards for receivers, transmitters
• Understanding and demonstrated implementation of RF cascade analysis to be able to trade gain, noise figure and linearity as part of system design.
• Experience in RF theory and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems
• Knowledge in the areas of performance characteristics of analog data converters, ADCs/DACs and how they interface with the RF front end
• Proficiency in general computer skills such as Microsoft office Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or related degree
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
• Existing Secret (or above) Clearance
• MS in Electrical Engineering or related
• Experience with hardware integration, test and debug tools (high-speed logic analyzers, scopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
• Familiarity with Electronic Warfare applications and systems
• Familiarity with hardware descriptor languages, HDL (VHDL, Verilog).
• Experience with high-speed (> GHz) design techniques
• Experience with MATLAB signal processing environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills