Principal Engineer - Foundation Infrastructure (2112748)
Principal Engineer - Foundation Infrastructure
Location: Continental US ( San Antonio, Denver, Durham preferred)
- As part of the Private Cloud and Network team you will be Develop, deploy, and support Pearson’s proprietary hybrid-cloud interconnect platform.
- Work closely with the internal tools team to develop monitoring of Pearson’s global infrastructure estate.
- High level network troubleshooting both Cloud based and traditional
- Indirect supervisory responsibilities as a Technical Lead - Mentor for Pearson FTE Network engineers and contractors.
- Project management experience managing implementations of new enterprise-wide technology initiatives. This may involve overseeing the work of third-party service providers.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in a large-scale infrastructure environment, ideally a Content Delivery or Internet Service Provider.
- Routing & switching subject-matter expert with specific emphasis on global-scale wide-area networks, BGP, and VPN overlays.
- Deep knowledge of foundational principles of data-networking, load-balancing (F5 a plus), network security, virtualization technologies, public cloud platforms, and application delivery.
- Expert knowledge of enabling services such as DNS, strong systems administration skills with a focus on RHEL/CentOS platforms, and a deep understanding of end-to-end monitoring and management methodologies and tools. InfoBlox knowledge a plus.
- Firewall and IDS Security expertise preferable with Checkpoint and Fortigate
- Strong programming skills, with the ability to write modular, maintainable code (preferably Python), experience refactoring and peer-reviewing code, and experience of building and working in development environments using tools such as virtualenv.
- Experience developing, building, and supporting code-driven infrastructure on public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), and the extension of this code-driven methodology to traditional on-premise infrastructure.
- Experience using automation frameworks and tools such as Git, Rundeck, Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation.
- Confident, critical thinking problem solver with excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to make sound decisions under pressure with limited information, and influence decision making at all levels.
- Proactively research and locate the necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop; analyze and predict trends and develop a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintain high service levels for the user community and establish a method to easily compare the installation performance against established performance objectives.
Formal Education or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree - Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP) Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) credentials a plus.
- AWS Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $125,000.00-$135,000.00. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Corporate Strategy & Technology
Req ID: 2112748