Site Reliability Engineer (2109432)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Cloud Infrastructure Services team is seeking candidates for a Site Reliability Engineer. SRE’s play an integral role ensuring that our customers have a highly available and reliable platform. The role supports the deployment and customization of our ERP Platform. As a Site Reliability engineer, you will scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
As an SRE, you will:
- Design scalable, robust, secure systems using cloud architecture
- Build automation using industry tools (like Jenkins, Ansible, etc.) to deploy hundreds of different services
- Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings.
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure.
- Drive projects/technical initiatives and architectural/technical service improvements .
- Build automation to scale infrastructure based on forecasted demand.
- Develop custom tools as necessary.
- Document system design and procedures.
- Maintain applications and services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Practice sustainable incident response and postmortems.
- Partner and lead internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Provide architectural recommendations
- Ensure SLA obligations are met.
- 4+ years' hands on experience managing, maintaining, and automating infrastructure in AWS.
- 4+ years' hands on experience managing and maintaining Linux systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Hands on Experience with Oracle Database and Middleware Infrastructure.
- Good understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting and Load Balancing.
- Fluent in at least one scripting language, Python experience highly preferred.
- Strong experience using logging and monitoring tools (ie: Splunk, Cloudwatch, NewRelic)
- Experience with Ansible or other configuration management systems.
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems
- Excellent English communication skills
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $100,000.00-$107,000.00. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Corporate Strategy & Technology
Req ID: 2109432