Electronic Engineer ( R-00071063 )
The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Electronic Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) FAA Communications Engineering Center in Jamaica, NY in designing, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, contracting, installation oversite, inspection, site work, Communications systems for a variety of FAA buildings and structures for the Eastern Service Area (ESA). The projects will range over the geographic scope of the ESA and ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completion.
- Plan and design Communications Antenna tower replacement and modifications, site work, Radio and Fiber Optics System establish and replacement projects for a variety of FAA NAS Facilities.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop “to-scale” designs and detailed reports,
- Generate Construction Drawings/specifications showing relation of proposed installation in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions, in compliance with FAA standards and Orders.
- Conduct design review/Operational Risk Management meetings
- Update the Air to Ground Site Survey Database Document
- Complete the Site Requirement Form (SFR)
- Review project deliverables and provide verbal and written communication to the findings.
- Develop cost estimates
- Develop purchase request
- Participate in construction inspections and final inspections
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Independently Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, and coordinating IRMC and ORM meetings needed to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete applicable EOSH work permits for construction including potential impact lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the preconstruction meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate Civil Engineering projects with other ongoing construction and projects.
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate installation project activities to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to team, management, and stakeholders.
- Track projects through Corporate Work-plan
- Reconcile, and coordinate closure of JAI project exceptions.
- Submit Configuration Management Web documents
- Must have an Electrical or Electronics Engineering degree from a 4 year ABET accredited College/University
- Four years experience in communication system design, modeling, and simulation of network components
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction related punch-list items.
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis.
- Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates.
- Ability to provide organized documentation.
- Ability to work independently in a large Engineering Organization
- Basic knowledge of multiple disciplines regarding their general requirements for typical standard types of projects.
- Ability to discuss project related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Must have ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.