Power/Electrical Engineer ( R-00070795 )
The Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Power / Electrical Engineer with expertise in DC Systems backup power to support the FAA customer.
This position is with the Power Services Group that provides both electrical engineering support and program analysis for the DC Systems, DC BUS and Batteries Program.
The location is in Washington DC and is part of the National Air Space Integration Support Contract IV (NISC IV). program.
The Power Services Group provides support for critical power infrastructure for FAA.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Identifying and validating lifecycle requirements for 24/36/48 VDC Backup power systems and batteries.
- Creating, reviewing and updating project originations.
- Preparing requests for quotation, evaluating received quotations, creating/submitting funding requests
- Initiating, reviewing and tracking organizational risk management activities
- Preparing project metrics
- Participating in weekly and monthly telecoms
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Normally requires a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering/Power Systems, or similar.
- Additional years of related work experience can be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- 2 to 4+ years experience in back up power systems design, review, installation and project management.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to support customer and senior engineers in designs, reviews, red-lines/changes, processes, cost determinations, schedules and technical impacts of changes
- Ability to ensure designs or changes are in compliance with applicable government and industry standards.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Familiarity with FAA, FAA Corporate Work Plan and industry standards with regards to 24/36/48 VDC Backup Power Systems & designs.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
- Strong communication skills.