Outside Plant Engineer ( 585893-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for someone with Right of Way experience and/or Project Management experience. You will be handling and project managing Right of Way functions associated with the engineering, buildout, maintenance, and enhancements to Verizon’s Outside Plant Network including structures, cables, and associated equipment.
ROW Agents are responsible for the acquisition of land, land rights, licenses, leases, permits and other documents necessary for the construction, operation and maintenance of facilities. The ROW Agent will be responsible for examining titles, searching real estate records, and obtaining rights in support of various projects.
This critical role will coordinate with a variety of teams and have direct contact with business and residential customers as well as government agencies.
- Solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions.
- Coordinate with internal departments and liaising with residential and business customers, building contractors, and property owners to implement solutions appropriately.
- Create winning outcomes for both us and our customers.
- Perform public records research, focusing on land title ownership, encumbrances, and easements.
- Read and review a variety of maps, electronic and paper, including plan and profiles of highway, pipelines, and electric lines.
- Analyze plan and profile drawings to determine structure locations and historic landowner ownership.
- Perform onsite and/or online research.
- Conduct diverse and complex negotiations with land owners (or their designees).
- Advise and assist in establishing a range of fair market values to be used in the acquisition of land and land rights.
- Draft and/or supervise the preparation of documents for rights of entry, damage claims, contracts, easements, licenses, leases, permits, options to purchase and other documents as may be necessary to acquire adequate rights for the project.
- Meet right of way, engineering and construction schedules by obtaining the necessary title documents in the time allotted.
- Ensure that job status is updated in all work management systems.
- Acquire rights of way for the project.
- Provide support to other departments as necessary.
- Support and participate in department initiatives and process improvements.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years or relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of ROW or Project Management experience
- Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory record.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Three or more years of ROW or Project Management experience.
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines, as well as balance multiple projects by prioritizing effectively.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Able to communicate progress to project management and project team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications.
- Ability to read engineering drawings or legal documents relating to real estate and right of way transactions.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- A flexible approach with the ability to adapt to changing conditions and priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).