Principal Data Management Engineer (1764)
The Principal Data Management Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions within Analytics and Big Data Management infrastructure to meet request of the business. Ideal person should be able to create data solutions leveraging Data Lake, MDM and DW technologies. Knowledge of industry wide used Business Intelligence Software and Data Integration Management technologies are required.
This individual may be asked to solely perform these functions or may choose to delegate some of these functions to other member of their team. Ultimately, responsibility for ensuring that the functions are performed rests with this position.
- Proven record in designing, developing and delivering Data Management and Analytic architecture across a range of products.
- Expert knowledge of diverse database architectures (centralized and distributed, homogenous and heterogenous, etc) and the application to enterprise solutions.
- Expert knowledge in database and information modeling (ER, Dimensional, physical, logical, hierarchical, semantic, etc.).
- Expert in database and schema design and translation to implementation.
- Experience creating architectures for OLTP and BI/OLAP Big Data solutions.
- Strong knowledge of physical data architecture (data center, cloud, scalable and distributed systems).
- Experience in cloud based platforms (Amazon RDS, SingleStore, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience with Big Data technical solutions.
- Experience with Data Governance, Master Data Management, and metadata management.
- Experience with Agile practices.
- Proven ability to communicate with success to all levels within the enterprise in both a verbal and written manner.
- Strong understanding of the global policies and requirements for data privacy and security
The anticipated starting salary for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $140k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 1764