Transmission Line Project Engineer ( R-00064922-OTHLOC-PL-2D1289 )
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments; we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Transmission Line Project Engineer in Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, or St Louis, MO who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with electric transmission.
The successful candidate will serve as an Engineer on electric transmission line design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead and underground systems for some of the largest utilities in the country. He/She will apply NESC, ASCE, ACI and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead and underground systems, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects, and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will perform engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, draft plans and specifications, and prepare material procurement and construction documents. This will involve working with a multi-person Leidos team and interfacing with clients, project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management personnel.
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
• 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
• PE certification desired
• Experience using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and/or TOWER
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
• Experience with LPILE or FAD, Mathcad, AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.Pay Range: