Fortinet SD-WAN Engineer ( 581396-1N )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be part of a team of network,security, and systems engineers providing advanced operations supportof Fortinet enterprise management systems for the hub-and-spoke SD-WAN enterprise of a Federal customer. You will be responsible for Tier 2 / 3 Change, Release, Incident, and Problem Management of the Fortinet production applications that comprise the Fortinet network management system, and the configuration tuning of the SD-WAN enterprise. This position will require the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Public Trust security clearance.
- Review and evaluate security warnings or vulnerabilities pertaining to the management systems.
- Install hardware or software fixes associated with security vulnerabilities.
- Perform ongoing code updates to the management systems.
- Manage change to the management systems per established Change Management framework.
- Work with Verizon Operations and the customer to perform ad-hoc tuning of the Fortinet SD-WAN devices.
- Participate in rotational team on call supportof the Fortinet management systems.
This position can be worked in any city where Verizon Business Group has an office location, but the primary work model will be remote. Work schedule tbd between the hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience with Fortinet management systems and devices, including FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer
- Experience with Fortinet SD-WAN management and tuning.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust security clearance.
- Willingness to travel estimated at