Lead SharePoint Engineer ( R-00059178 )
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Are you a Senior/Lead SharePoint Engineer interested in new technology and trends with a strong track record in design and development of SharePoint solutions and supporting infrastructure? Would you like to be part of a delivery team on an ongoing transformation programme for an important UK customer?
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
What will you be doing?
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective development and administration skills together with an understanding of associate hosting infrastructure. You will be in a customer facing role, maintaining and building enhancements to an existing SharePoint instance. You will be comfortable gathering requirement and translating them into pragmatic solutions which you then deliver.
You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support project work or the operational support service.
Who do we need?
We are looking for someone with a passion for SharePoint. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project deliverables.
You will have broad knowledge of SharePoint, on-premise hosting and associated Microsoft technologies. You will have completed lead or had significant input into sustainable migrations from legacy to modern SharePoint instances.
You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Ideally, you will:
• Have excellent knowledge of SharePoint 2010/2013/2019 hosted on premise;
• Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2019 and how they are used to support the SharePoint instance;
• Have good general knowledge of Microsoft stack technologies such as, Skype for Business / Teams, MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
• Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
• Possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable guiding and leading other engineers;
• Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard;
• Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance. We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)Pay Range: