Project Engineer - Outside Plant ( 586343-1N )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Responsible for managing projects supporting One Fiber, Telco Migration, NGPON2 Capacity Creation Request (CCRs), to include Network Program initiatives and First Office Applications (FOA) projects when applicable.
- Drive projects and programs to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Coordinate and schedule resources across multiple organizations to align project requirements with business goals and objectives.
- Identify, monitor, report and escalate project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Utilize project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies, and overall project completions.
- Maintain excellent communication with Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
***This role can be located out of any US based Verizon hub location. ***
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Project management experience.
- Detail engineering experience.
- Experience with SRM/SAP as well as expense and/or capital budgets.
- Engineering, Planning, and/or Operations knowledge, especially with Long-Haul Telecommunications Networks.
- Technical and project management abilities as well as excellent PC and software application skills including Windows and MS Office needed.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and able to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions based on policies, practices and project requirements.
- Verbal and written skills for inter-organization communications.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
- PMP certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).