Regional Corporate Security Manager - Summit, Warren, Liberty Corner
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
This position develops and implements programs and procedures, manages contract employees, provides specialized services and expertise in the field of security in a climate of diverse operations encompassing Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Warehouse, Distribution, R&D and office environments.
- Oversees the daily operation of the contract security teams in collaboration with Integrated Facility Management partners and gives functional direction as needed to ensure sound execution of the site security contract and plan at sites of responsibility.
- Develops general and specific standards, guidelines to mitigate security risks and ensures implementation.
- Develops, implements, and manages a security program that protects the site from theft, vandalism, terrorism, workplace violence, civil disturbance as well as other illegal or undesired activities warranted by site leadership that could interrupt operations.
- Oversight and Management of a 24/7 site security operations, CCTV, and access control systems. Identifies issues and executes plans to ensure compliance and/or upgrades as needed. Liaisons with Global Response and Operations Center coordinate and communicate emergency messaging and crisis escalation.
- Conducts investigations and fact-finding reviews where breaches occur and recommends corrective action plans to ensure mitigation activities are enacted and results achieved. Common dangers to the sites include, but are not limited to; unauthorized entry, activists/protests, product tampering, theft, IM abuse, diversion and insider threats.
- Develops and delivers security awareness presentations utilizing various tools to train others, communicate information and leverage better business decisions.
- Assist with regulatory compliance at GMP facilities, visitor/contractor control, executive protection, emergency/crisis management planning & response, code of conduct inquires, internal investigations, workplace violence issues and employee performance issues. Provides quality consultation specific to security and ensures recommendations are delivered to various internal business customers.
- Develops relationships and serves as the site liaison to public safety agencies including, but not limited to, local & federal law enforcement, emergency medical responders, as well as local and state emergency management and homeland security.
- Stays abreast of current technology trends in electronic security systems and makes recommendations to enhance the safety and security of the business in a cost-efficient manner.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, etc:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical materials, procedures, or governmental guidelines. Strong technical writing capability. The incumbent can write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Expertise in large scale network access control systems and can partner with Information Technology Proficient in the use of electrical drawings for plotting security devices and network connections.
- Experience with program/product/process implementation in a highly regulated pharmaceutical production environment.
- Working knowledge of common business software and communication applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement, criminal justice, security, or loss prevention. Other degree types will be considered if security management capability is demonstrated.
- 5 – 10 years of experience working in a relevant security related role where security management and program development are primary focus.
- In depth knowledge of large enterprise access control, intrusion detection and video systems. Understanding of business networks and vulnerabilities with regard to improperly configured access control systems. Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, majority local in NJ
The job will periodically include visits to hazardous areas and though highly unlikely, could be engaged in situations where possible workplace violence, protests, employee investigations, emergency response and unauthorized entry situations occur. Standing kneeling and sitting for extended periods.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.