Physical Security Technologist (99743)
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
IAM Physical Security Technology
American Water is seeking a physical security technology specialist to improve American Water’s
capability of providing reliable, secure, and monitored access to all American Water facilities as a part of
the Identity, Access, and Monitoring (IAM) Technologies team.
This role will focus on configuring,
improving, and administering the centralized physical security systems at American Water. These
technologies include IP Camera systems, Key Card Access Systems, and Physical Security Event and
Information Management (SIEM) systems.
This role will work closely with the Integrated Operations
Center (IOC) to ensure that they have the visibility the need .and configurations to ensure that actionable
alerts are configured, the monitoring technologies are healthy, and any new assets are configured and
monitored by these technologies.
This role will interface closely with the physical security team, our local
physical security technology resources, and technology teams. This role will also drive enhancement of the
physical security technology.
- "Team Development Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Perform as a team of strategic, creative, and technical professionals who partner with our clients to solve business problems and meet meaningful business goals."
- Act as an expert in a particular field of knowledge [this may be a business/functional area and/or a particular technology] and provide detailed information and advice as necessary in that specialization in order to achieve business outcomes.
- Develop and/or promote technical solutions which support the business requirements within their area of expertise.
- Be accountable for specific deliverables in relation to software or web development and/or support
- "Working knowledge of digital technologies and some applicability for the water and wastewater industries
- Experience with a small set of interdisciplinary technology specialities [e.g. data, mobility, GIS, collaboration, infrastructure] and/or deep knowledge of a particular speciality area
- Ability to apply these technology specialities to solve practical problems in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams for small to medium, complex systems with some guidance"
- This role requires the ability to coordinate with and drive contractor resources to complete work.
- Ability to work with monitoring center to help define escalation procedures.
- Ability to document configurations and track any deviations to resolution.
- 3 to 5 years experience working in the technology field required.
- Experience with the water utility industry is highly desired, but not required.
- Information Systems or similar technology field is preferred [equivalent work experience will be considered].
- Appropriate technical certification in speciality area preferred.
- Physical Security Technologies certification preferred
- Experience with Lenel, ExaqVision, and Lighthouse preferred.
- Experience with distributed physical security systems preferred
- As necessary, up to 25%
- "Good decision-making ability, balancing what is right with what is realistic
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to lead through influence and to deliver results through others while overcoming obstacles to success
- Possesses a high energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and an ability to work well under pressure
- Possesses a curiosity and a passion towards engaging the imagination of line of business leaders in grasping and enabling the fundamentals of change
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people from various lines of business as well as within Technology & Innovation
- Good verbal and written communication skills for a wide variety of audiences including proven ability to deliver internal presentations
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while simultaneously maintaining the "big picture" view"
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.