Software Developer (Backend) ( R-00085991 )
Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. As member of the application development team, the Software Engineer will build highly scalable microservices and micro-frontend applications in a DevSecOps model. The ideal candidate has strong experience in modern software development practices and has built distributed, data and transaction intensive applications. As part of the agile software development team, this role develops solutions using tools such as Git, Jira, confluence developing workflows, executive scripts, writing code in various languages su ch as Java, XML and Ruby. The ideal candidate is familiar with the Agile software development life cycle from user requirement generation to automated tests and deployment. This position may initially be performed remotely during the contract transition. Candidates will need to attend in person meetings at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and/or Reston, VA.
- Design, develop and deliver modern secure software applications to enable the intel mission
- Support grooming of user stories, breakdown development tasks and estimate level of effort
- Design and develop microservices and APIs to support integration with UI components and other applications
- Design and implement required metadata models using relational and NoSQL databases
- Employ a test-first development approach and code unit and integration tests to mitigate defect risks
- Apply secure coding practices adhering to OWASP and mitigate vulnerabilities early
- Employ modern event-driven architecture using frameworks like Kafka
- Build reusability in day to day development and maintain library of reusable components and services
- Obsess on code quality by continuously monitoring SonarQube reports, performing peer reviews and ensure sufficient test coverage
- Collaborate with peers to implement modern software development practices like TDD, BDD, CI/CD and similar
- Troubleshoot defects, deduce root cause, and implement mechanisms to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate offshoot issues
- Efficiently divide and conquer software development tasks with other developers
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to achieve better quality
- Basic Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience as Software Engineer developing distributed software applications using modern and open source technologies and frameworks
- Deep understanding and experience developing back-end microservices
- Highly fluent programmer in one or more languages – Java, Scala, Go and similar
- Strong data modeling experience with relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Has practiced TDD and BDD using tools like Junit, Selenium, Cucumber / Gherkin or similar
- Strong understanding and knowledge in API best practices – REST and/or gRPC
- Has worked in a DevSecOps model and delivered code through CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar and used security and code quality tools like SonarQube, OWASP ZAP, and Fortify
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Security Clearance
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience developing pipelines as code using Jenkins or GitLab CI
- Experience developing deployment automation scripts using Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
- Experience working in multi-domain networks involving cross-domain solutions
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.