Backend Developer (Lowell, MA)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Security product is looking for C/C++ Software Developer to work from Lowell,MA (USA) office on next generation solutions for data monitoring and processing. As back-end developer, you'll have the chance to get familiar with latest security challenges, database streaming and microservice development. A successful individual for this role should possess:
- Ability to jump into multiple source code bases
- Self-driven and a desire to continually learn
- Good code writing discipline and an eye for code efficiency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving thinking
- Ability to take ownership of problems to resolution and tasks to completion.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience coding and debugging in C/C++
- 2+ years of experience with cloud and micro-service architecture and development including but not limited to: K8S, K3S, Openshift, Docker, Podman, Kafka
- 2+ years of experience with Database development for data production and consumption
- Experience on agile software development
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of building real-time solutions for data streaming and processing
- Experience with coding in other languagues is a plus, (e.g. Go, python, bash, perl, java, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with scaling microservices up/down
- Experience designing stateless microservices within distributed systems
- Experience patching microservices is a plus
- Exposure to build and test automation
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with performance profiling and benchmarking
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM