Backend Developer (Multiple Cities)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced (10+years) Automation Engineer to join our dynamic and innovative team. As an Automation Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and implementing automated solutions to streamline our processes, increase efficiency, and optimize productivity. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify automation opportunities, design robust automation frameworks, and execute end-to-end automation testing. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in software development, proficiency in automation tools, and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify potential automation opportunities and define project requirements.
- Design, develop, and implement automated solutions to optimize processes and improve efficiency.
- Create and maintain automation frameworks, libraries, and test scripts for various applications and systems.
- Perform end-to-end testing, including functional, regression, and performance testing, using automated tools and frameworks.
- Troubleshoot and debug automation scripts and systems to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Conduct code reviews and provide technical guidance to ensure high-quality automation deliverables.
- Continuously monitor and analyze automation results, identify areas for improvement, and implement enhancements accordingly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, QA analysts, and project managers, to ensure seamless integration of automated processes.
- Stay updated with the latest automation technologies, tools, and best practices, and proactively propose their implementation to enhance automation capabilities.
- Document automation processes, methodologies, and configurations for future reference.
Must be located in either: Lowell, MA or San Jose, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong programming skills in Java.
- Proficiency in automation tools/frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins, Git, and JIRA
- Hands-on experience with API testing and automation tools like Postman or SoapUI.
- Familiarity with relational databases and ability to write SQL queries for data validation and verification.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and their automation tools.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of performance testing and monitoring tools like JMeter.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM