AWS Big Data Analytics Engineer ( 593493-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure, and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies, and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services. The Cyber Defense Engineering team is responsible for designing/building capabilities to support the critical Cyber Defense organization and its missions.
The AWS Big Data Analytics Engineer will help develop a new platform and services for Verizon CIS (Corporate Information Security) as well as enhance and support existing services, using the AWS ecosystem, and various other technologies.
- Analytics Platform migration support from on-premise Hadoop to AWS Cloud
- Establish DevOps procedures for ETL, Frontend Web applications, and infrastructure as a code
- Work closely with front end web application and database developers
- Analyze business requirements for complex projects
- Develop proof of concepts of new technologies and evaluate the state of the art in large-scale data processing and distributed computing
- Support Data Scientists with Data Engineering tasks
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills to explain and document ideas
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
- Two or more years of AWS experience
- DevOps knowledge: GIT, Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Terraform.
- Experience in Core Java or in another JVM-based language
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience with AWS technologies such as: RedShift, Athena, S3, Lake Formation, RDS, Glue, EMR, Sagemaker
- Experience in Spark/ Python/ Scala, Linux and RDBMS including one of MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL or Oracle
- Knowledge of Apache Hadoop ecosystem
- Knowledge of any RDBMS
- Data Modeling experience
- Experience developing in NoSQL databases such as Druid, HBase or MongoDB
- Experience in software development including agile methods, code review, unit/functional/integration testing, continuous integration/deployment
- Experience in Grails Web framework
- Experience with Machine Learning
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).