Data Developer 2 - Telecommute (107762069)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You are a thought leader who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges. As a critical member of our business analysis team, you will help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group. Here, your analytical and innovative skills will help us with our mission of helping people live healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel that mission. Are you ready to analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions?
As a Data Developer 2, you will be empowered to support short-term and long-term operational/strategic business activities; develop, enhance, and maintain operational data and models that will have an impact on business decisions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your keen analytical and data management skills to create valuable solutions to improve the health care system. Join us!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop business data transformation to support operational, product, customer, and reporting development efforts
- Develop product analytic transformed population data sets that drive business insights
- Develop data verification, quality methods and standard systems procedures that will be used to support Business Intelligence Platforms
- Develop BI driven metrics, aggregations, hierarchies, naming, and security (tables, view, and row)
- Integrate code with Git version control and approval
- Review model changes with product manager, product data owner, and report developer
- Document tables, columns, metrics, security restrictions on data use
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2 + years of work experience with the following:
- ETL technologies
- Data sourcing and distribution analysis and design
- Conceptual and logical data modeling (relational and dimensional)
- Data Visualization tools, such as Power BI, Power BI Report Builder, or Tableau
- Fluent in SQL/formula programming including query optimization for data platforms
- Experience with BI development or data modeling dedicated to BI development and data visualization tools
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with CA Rally tools
- Experience with Agile project management
- Experience with Data archival, purging and retrieval implementations
- Experience with Git version control or project-based code development tools
- Experience with cloud databases, such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Azure Synapse
- Experience with data modeling using Healthcare data best practices, database configuration, and reference data management
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Developer 2, Data Analytics, Analytics, Data, Optum, Optum Global Advantage, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote