Big Data Cloud Engineer (Leader) (108244078)
At Optum Global Advantage, we built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential.
For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
- As Technology Lead, work with the team of Data Engineers to articulate business/technical objectives, manage Code reviews, set priorities, clear technical blockers for efficient functioning of the scrum team
- Extend Data models, automate Data Ingestion, rework Claims processing analytics
- Work with large, complex data sets to build data driven analytical products
- Perform various technical aspects of software development including design, developing prototypes, and coding
- Adhere to security standards and coding best practices
- Continuously seek performance improvements and cost savings
- Lead the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across development, integration, and production environments
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with other technical teams, business, and IT stakeholders
- Design reusable technical frameworks, libraries, and components
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- 4+ years software engineering experience
- Leadership experience.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Proven experience with Spark on Big Data platform working with large data sets
- Strong analytical skills and programming skills (preferably in Scala or Python)
- Expertise with ETL, SQL and Unix
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, Agile/Scrum and DevOps
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in the health care industry working on Data analytics/Operations
- Experience with AWS Cloud
Diversity Creates a Healthier Atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is a positive experience and equal opportunity employer for all qualified candidates who will be considered for openings without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.