Software Developer – Data Platform - Watson Orders
Watson Orders is an IBM Silicon Valley based technology group working on a world-class conversational AI system. Our mission is to deliver advanced solutions that address real-world needs in the quick service restaurant industry. We use state-of-the-art Machine Learning and related technologies to deliver a product that will help serve tens of millions of customers per day.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a talented software developer focused on our data platform that powers transformative AI/ML products reaching tens of millions of customers per day, feeding billions of customers worldwide. The department covers data infrastructure, data pipelines, analysis, and performance optimization.
The ideal candidate has experience architecting, developing, and supporting large-scale data platforms & infrastructure with a focus on resilience, scalability, and performance within a fast-growing, agile environment.
• Develop and maintain the petabyte scale data lake, warehouse, pipelines, and query layers.
• Develop and support multi-region data ingestion system from geographically distributed edge AI systems.
• Develop and support AI research pipelines, training and evaluation pipelines, audio re-encoding and scanning pipelines, and various analysis outputs for business users
• Use pipelines to manage resilient idempotent coordination with external databases, APIs, and systems
• Work with AI Speech and Audio engineers to support and co-develop heterogenous pipelines over large flows of conversation AI data to support and accelerate experimentation with new AI models and improvements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ Years Professional Python Experience
- 2+ Years PubSub Experience (Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, MQTT, etc)
- 3+ Years working in petabyte scale data platforms
- 3+ Years working in AWS
- Experience building schema-based parsers or ETLs using standard tooling in Python
- Experience developing with Apache Avro, Parquet Schemas, SQLAlchemy (or similar ORMs), and pySpark in Python
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Professional experience with conversational AI (chatbots, virtual assistants, etc.)
- Graduate degree (MA/MS, PhD) in Computer Science, Linguistics, or related field
- Professional experience with Linux
- Fluent or native proficiency in Spanish
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM