Big Data Engineer ( 587760-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As Big Data Engineer, you willdevelop enterprise software applications on Spark/Hadoop, NoSql, InMemory Databases. You will be part of the team building worlds one of the largest Big Data Platform(s) that can ingest 100’s of Terabytes of data that will be consumed for Business Analytics, Operational Analytics, Text Analytics, Data Services and build Big Data Solutions for various Verizon Business units.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of building disruptive technology where Big Data will be used as a platform to build solutions for Analytics, Data Services and Solutions.
This position is part of our Artificial and Intelligence (AI&D) organization which focuses on delivering the power of data and AI to drive our marketplace leadership through innovative solutions that create value for our customers, shareholders, V teamers and society, responsibly.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project with high quality.
- Responsible for programming a component, developing feature or frameworks.
- Work across immediate teams as well as the greater AI & Data organization.
- Contribute to design discussions.
- Analyze problem statements, breaking down problems.
- Own small and medium-sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
- Explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
Where you'll work:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Java or Scala.
- Experience working with at leastone NoSQL Database (HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase) or relational database (Oracle, MySql, Teradata).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree. Masters degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Results driven person with strong interpersonal skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).