Technology Solutions Analyst (48704)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is for two (2) open positions with the FirstEnergy Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The Technology Solutions Analyst will join a team of SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) in the support of state-of-the-art systems that serve our Supply Chain organization. Resulting from an executive level commitment by FirstEnergy to implement best-of-breed tools and best practices, we have an exciting opportunity available for an ambitious and personable technology specialist.
The successful candidate will have experience in the use of web-based interfaces, the management of access to tools (i.e. role-based), and have experience in helping users to learn and navigate systems to perform their jobs.
This position is designated as “mobile” meaning that you will work at home at any location. The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need. This option is not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oregon or Washington at this time.
- Administering the BSM (Business Spend Management) system as well as other complimentary software platforms. This includes user administration, data integrity, and ensuring that scheduled jobs complete as expected.
- Working with users to recommend and implement improvements.
- Assisting other analysts in the generation of business reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business, IT, data analytics, data management, data modeling, statistics, quantitative/qualitative methods, or related discipline and 4+ years’ related work experience.
- In lieu of a degree, 7 years of related work experience is accepted. Related work experience includes data management, data science, data analytics, dashboard development or extensive software administration experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms.
- Experience in data mining, analysis and/or reporting is desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with ERP applications.
- Able to work with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Understanding of supply chain concepts and policies is a plus.
- Microsoft Power BI experience is a plus.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team