Cybersecurity Analyst (Swing Shift) ( R-00081369 )
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cybersecurity Analyst (Swing Shift) on the DISA GSM-O program at the Pentagon. This person in this role will work a Swing Shift schedule (1400-2200hrs) and an active Secret security clearance is required prior to start.
This position provides 24x7 cybersecurity monitoring services for Joint Service Provider networks. This includes performing real-time cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlating actionable security events, performing network traffic analysis using raw packet data, and participating in the coordination of resources during the incident response process.
Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints.
Review massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations.
Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
Document analysis, findings, and actions in a case/knowledge management system.
Create and distribute incident reports to customers and higher headquarters.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance or higher (program can support up to TS/SCI)
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC required prior to starting.
- DoD 8570 CSSP-A level Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 6 months of start.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of prior incident handling/response experience
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated sound understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain and an ability to think and work independently
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Willing to perform shift work, including weekend hours.
- TS/SCI (DIA Adjudicated or capable of reciprocal acceptance by DIA)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, QRadar, LogLogic).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
External Referral Eligible