Senior Cybersecurity Analyst ( R-00082390-OTHLOC-PL-2D2824 )
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst on the DISA GSM-O program in Arlington, VA or Alexandria, VA.
Our team provides 24x7 cybersecurity monitoring services for Joint Service Provider networks, including performing real-time cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlating actionable security events, performing network traffic analysis using raw packet data, and participating in the coordination of resources during the incident response process. SENIOR ANALYSTS ONLY WORK DAY SHIFT.
- Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints.
- Review massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations.
- Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
- Document analysis, findings, and actions in case/knowledge management system.
- Create and distribute incident reports to customers and higher headquarters.
- Support high-visibility and high-tempo incident response, as required.
- Impart of skills and abilities through mentoring junior analysts
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance at minimum, and be TS/SCI eligible (DIA Adjudicated or capable of reciprocal acceptance by DIA)
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years of prior incident handling/response experience
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC prior to starting.
- DoD 8570 CSSP-A level Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 6 months of hir.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain and an ability to think and work independently
- Hands-on experience with a variety of IDS, IPS, SIEM, and cybersecurity analytical tools.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to travel between the Pentagon and the Mark Center (Alexandria) as necessary.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, QRadar, LogLogic).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
Work for this role will be performed at the Pentagon and at the Mark Center. Travel between both locations may be required.
External Referral EligiblePay Range: