Geospatial Analyst (Journeyman)
The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for a Geospatial Analyst to support our customer in Springfield, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in GIS analysis to support a national security customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial analysis and research in support of customer mission requirements to include route analysis and detailed site surveys. The candidate should have a strong geospatial background and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects.
- The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence maps and other related products.
- The analyst will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise key leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate.
- The candidate will exercise oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency, military service components, and DoD and national-level intelligence agencies.
- In this position the analyst will also assist in the development and documentation of analytical procedures, development and maintenance of geodatabases, and may be required to educate and demonstrate new methodologies and instruct on the use of advanced GIS applications.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI
- HS Diploma and at least 3 years of relevant geospatial and GIS analysis experience. A bachelor’s degree in a field related to geospatial analysis may count for up to four years of this experience.
- Ability to produce dynamic GEOINT products.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with most of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, SocetGXP, TerraExplorer/Builder, Remote View, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA, Python (or some other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyst geospatial data
- Capability to read and understand intelligence issues , military affairs, and use GIS to develop Geospatial Intelligence reports and products to solve problems
- Experience with GIS to include data integration, extraction, and management
- Ability to operate in ArcGIS, ArcPRO, or other commercial GIS analytic programs
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable working independently and leading teams.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to brief senior staff officers to affect decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to NGA analysts to build effective customer relationships.
- Experience supporting analysis of WMD mission areas.
"External Referral Eligible"