Insider Threat / UAM Analyst
Leidos is seeking an Insider Threat/UAM (User Activity Monitoring) Analyst to work out of the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA, anticipated to start later this spring/summer.
This position will serve as a member of Joint Service Provider (JSP) User Activity Monitoring (UAM) Team. UAM analysts triage, analyze, and assess alerts and document and report findings through a case management system. Information is further shared with impacted parties for follow-on analysis. The UAM team continually deploys, maintains, and tunes countermeasures in response to new or changing insider threat tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs). The UAM team also provides information to the UAM Lead to fulfill JSP trending and reporting requirements.
- Triage and analyze UAM alerts
- Document and report findings to impacted organizations
- Provide information to the UAM lead for customer trending and reporting
- Create and implement countermeasures to specific weaknesses against known adversarial TTPs
- Support meetings where UAM representation is needed
- Provide recommendations to contractor and government leadership on ways to improve the UAM program
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of professional experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- At least 6 months of UAM or insider threat detection experience.
- Demonstrated experience with UAM capabilities and common insider threat TTPs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network traffic and communications, including known ports and services.
- Demonstrated experience with the Windows operating system and other operating systems (e.g., Linux or Unix).
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating with external organizations, especially Law Enforcement and Counter Intelligence.
- Knowledge of incident handling procedures.
- Understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats (internal and external), attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
External Referral EligiblePay Range: