Energy Efficiency Technical Analyst
Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Energy Efficiency Technical Analyst for the award-winning Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Residential Program. This position offers a unique career opportunity to research and promote technology seeking to reduce utility costs for all Ameren Illinois customers.
Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience. The position will be responsible for:
- Technical oversight and leadership in assigned areas.
- Process development, testing, and routine reporting.
- Reviewing technical energy efficiency applications for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas customers.
- Communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, and project engineers.
- Researching technology changes to support improvements to the program.
- Completing special assignments relating to technical and financial regulatory compliance, data collection and presentation, application design, or other tasks.
- Assisting in Innovation Team coordination and research
Required Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related) with 3+ years’ experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies. High school diploma with an additional 5 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Expert knowledge of the operation of energy consuming systems within residential housing (Weatherization, HVAC, lighting, domestic hot water)
- Must be able to work cooperatively and conscientiously on a team with both technical and non-technical members.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Must be well organized, able to conduct project tracking and capable of multitasking several complex and diverse responsibilities.
- Must have strong planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and make unanticipated changes to production deliverables.
- BPI certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and ASHRAE Efficiency Standards
- Familiarity with Energy Efficiency Technical Reference Manuals
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for a process-oriented position.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.