Leidos is seeking candidates for a Geospatial Analyst Journeyman to support our Springfield, VA customer. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance is REQUIRED and willingness to obtain a Polygraph upon request to be considered.
**The candidate must have an active TS/SCI **
As a Geospatial Boundaries Analyst, the successful candidate will work with boundaries experts to conduct boundary analysis and provide boundary data and documentation.
The overall mission is to build an accurate digital boundary database, serving as the definitive source of all boundaries for the end customers. The successful candidate will perform duties to include:
- Registration of source material
- Applying proper attribution and creation of metadata and digitizing boundaries as specified; this may include stereo extraction
- Evaluate treaty documents and boundary studies and the acquisition and analysis of boundary source maps for suitability and proper boundary alignment
- Searching for geodetically accurate base sources, accurate boundary source information
- Exploiting various GIS packages to produce digital boundary information a technical document explaining extraction and analytical processes employed will be written for each boundary
- Final boundary approval is coordinated with the customer team
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of standard geospatial analysis software suites used by the customer to accomplish its mission, such as ArcGIS, ArcView, ArcExplorer, GoogleEarth, FalconView, and SOCET GXP
- Knowledge of customer specified digital data formats including but not limited to vector data, shape file and spatial database, GML, XML
- Knowledge of Intelink database
- Proficiency with MS Office software; demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of several customer products such as Controlled Image Base (CIB), Topographic Line Maps (TLMs), Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED), Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM), National Technical Means (NTM); Digital Nautical Chart (DNC), Digital Vertical Obstruction, File (DVOF), Boundary Information in relation to data capture and finishing processes
- Ability to prepare comprehensive technical reports which will include preparing textual and graphic reports on standardization efforts and process developments
- Ability to collaborate with analysts within and external to customer organizations in the intelligence community to apply best practices in developing standards and process documents
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines
- Candidate should work well in a team environment
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/BA degree in relevant field; successful completion of a formal military or government training program such as the Geospatial Intelligence Training Program (GITP) or Geospatial Engineer is highly desired.
"External Referral Eligible"
MACSSPay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.