Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program focuses on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer. Leidos is responsible to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions. Leidos structure is to deliver immediate improvements to end-users with a complete hardware refresh, a single contractor accountable for delivering customer service across all tiers of service and an agile program structure to accelerate the pace of operational enhancements. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As a Severity Analyst, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the ECIS Severity process which includes broadcasts, system monitoring, analysis to the ECIS Service Desk tickets, accuracy of the ticket escalation and resolution. You are expected to provide suggestions for the issue resolution and drive improvements of the service delivery through repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Assisting in severities assigned to other functional teams across the program.
Leading and declaring severities by identifying the severity level and enabling and managing the bridge. Interacts with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Send executive communications to a global audience providing accurate details of the incident and impacts to the business. Escalate more complex problems to Senior Level. Review daily ticket reports to ensure proper ticket handling and ticket routing. Supports Problem Management, with strong analytical skills to drive root cause analysis uncovering areas with repeat issues, partnering with service owners to identify target actions from lessons learned, and report progress on driving improvements within region.
Under the direction of the ITSM Manager and ITSM Lead, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Seamlessly manage severity Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 issues.
- Implement escalation and notification processes to promote seamless severity management.
- Communicates with managers and customers about the progress of high priority incidents, escalates where appropriate.
- Monitors systems and queues to ensure all assigned tasks are completed within specified metric requirements.
- Ensures that Outages and Incident tickets are assigned to appropriate support areas within SLAs and communicated to necessary support teams/customers.
- Act as a Lead during Incidents Severity events, declares event and level. Manages bridge, communication and works until closure.
- Manage outages, driving and coordinating resolution, including calls, escalation (both technical and hierarchic), as well as coordinating all incident support activities.
- Ensure that Incidents records are fully documented both during and after the Incident, including gathering and recording the full incident timeline of events.
- Remain available for system and ticket reporting requests from various support groups
- Collaborate with internal and external functional teams to identify the root cause for recurring incidents and create action-plans for resolution.
- Prepare and submit post incident report to senior leadership to convey impact, origin, root case and remediation.
- Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Perform trend analyze trends and generate statistical reports.
- Maintains on-call availability for a 24x7x365 coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. At least 3 years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree (i.e. minimum of 7 years of relevant experience).
- Possesses knowledge of, or skill in: ServiceNow Incident and Severity response handling methodologies, able to priorities triaging of incident, establishes the business impact, perform and prepare root cause analysis report.
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts verbally and in written format
- Ability to lead and drive incident severity calls and meetings
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, analytical, and collaboration skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, while working with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in Incident and Severity Management
- Experience with ServiceNow; ticketing systems, Incident and Knowledge management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Incident Response Life Cycle
Previous ITIL implementation experience
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.