Computer System Analyst I - (Army Aviation Contract) - Camp Buehring Kuwait
The Computer Systems Analyst I provide several phases of the required systems analysis where the nature of the system is predetermined, uses established fact-finding approaches, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and familiarity with related computer programming practices, system software, and computer equipment. At this level, initial assignments are designed to expand practical experience in applying systems analysis techniques and procedures. This Analyst provides several phases of the required systems analysis where the nature of the system is predetermined, uses established fact-finding approaches, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and familiarity with related computer programming practices, system software, and computer equipment.
- Carries out fact finding, and analyses as assigned, usually of a single activity or a routine problem, and applies established procedures where the nature of the system, feasibility, computer equipment and programming language have already been decided.
- May assist a higher-level systems analyst by preparing the detailed specifications required by computer programmers from information developed by the higher-level analyst
- May research routine user problems and solve them by modifying the existing system when the solutions follow clear precedents.
- Prepare cost and deadline estimates as required for review.
- Works independently to adapt guides to specific situations; resolve problems and deviations according to established practices; and obtain advice where precedents are unclear or not available.
- Carries out objectives, priorities and deadlines as defined by the supervisor.
- May supervise technician and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Will have some variation within and across contracts and may list additional or specific job duties related to assigned function/level which are not aforementioned.
- Completion of High School diploma, certification of education level is required.
- Two (2) years of related experience in computer systems analysis.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be in possession of a U.S. Passport and be able to travel internationally with minimum 6 blank pages and 2 plus year validity on expiration date of passport.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Must be able to pass CENTCOM medical requirements for deployment
- Must be able to obtain a visa in CENTCOM locations
Knowledge & Skills
- Requires competence in most phases of system analysis.
- Systems analysis and design skills in an area such as a record keeping or scientific operation.
- Knowledge of pertinent system software and computer equipment.
- Knowledge of work processes, applicable regulations, and practices of the assigned subject-matter area.
- Ability to recognize probable interactions of related computer systems and predict impact of a change in assigned system.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
- May be expected to work in austere environments and all weather conditions.