SQL Programmer Analyst
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this function is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting data analytics platforms using Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server and other business intelligence applications.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- 50% Database development using SQL-Transact
- 30% SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Extract Transform Load (ETL)
- 20% Identify bugs, perform root cause analysis and implement solutions
- Use T-SQL programming skills to write complex stored procedures, views, queries, user defined functions and common table expressions
- Create normalized Fact and Dimension Tables from multiple disparate data sources
- Use SSIS to acquire data from multiple sources (text files, databases, etc), process SQL queries and normalize data (ETL)
- Examine and analyze current business reporting needs
- Gather necessary information to create meaningful reports
- Work with data modelers, business analysts and other developers to design and build physical and logical data layers in regional data warehouse
- Work in normal sprint cycles while coordinating with other developers to ensure all pieces of a project are released on time
- Use TFS source control to manage iterations of code
- Complete ad hoc projects to support operations and end user analysis
- Stay updated with advancements and best practices in design and development
- Will be a part of an On-Call rotation with some after hours and weekend work required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 2+ years of experience developing in a time-critical environment
- Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio experience
- SSIS and ETL experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- Transact-SQL expertise
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Microsoft Power BI experience
- Experience working within the healthcare or insurance industries
- Knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Solid SQL programming skills including complex stored procedures, complex SQL queries, and user defined functions, common table expressions and transaction management using best practices
- Demonstrated ability to perform design and analysis of a project based on a given specification
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Customer service focused
- Ability to think critically and logically
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Able to follow written requirements and work independently
- Ability to work well with other team members
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
Office equipment, computer, personal vehicle
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Mental Effort: Must be able to work effectively as a member of OCN team; work is detailed and complex with multiple competing priorities, deadlines and internal and external customers
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of the job, employees are regularly required to sit, stand, talk or hear in a virtual setting while using computer equipment.
- Working Conditions: Telecommuting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.