IT Business Analyst
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we aim to understand our Scientists’ needs and deliver fit-for-purpose digital solutions to enable their workflows.
We seek a scientifically oriented Business Analyst to join the IT Business Analysis practice. As a member central IT Business Analysis practice, the Business Analyst will flexibly analyze IT capabilities aligned directly to business functions.
The Business Analyst will collect, document, and analyze business processes, data, IT systems workflows, and elicit requirements from scientific researchers. The successful candidate will communicate findings to the project teams, made up of internal stakeholders and third parties. The Business Analyst’s contributions will support the team in identifying, defining, and delivering digital capabilities that enable BMS to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
Success in this role will leverage analysis and problem-solving skills that create positive, value-producing solutions.
- Lead Business Analysis activities:
- Perform current state analysis
- Perform future state ideation
- Map complex data flows, workflows, and IT system processes
- Document requirements and user stories
- Present findings and requirements (e.g. user stories) across audiences, including technical delivery team, R&ED IT leadership, and R&ED stakeholders
- Liaise with ITBPs, other BAs, R&D stakeholders, and the delivery team to iteratively communicate requirements and facilitate feedback generation and sharing
- Liaise with external vendors to bring innovative solutions as considerations within BMS environment
- Act as key project liaison for R&ED Scientists impacted by digital initiatives
- Constructively advocate for value: Represents a "voice of the customer" and ensure project delivery teams are well informed to make the right trade-offs between speed, quality and cost.
- Enable compelling business cases: Aid in the development of business cases for new digital capability investments. Identify, define, & measure business outcomes for highest value digital capabilities.
- Bring an external view: Actively maintain awareness of external drivers in the business domain and relevant technology trends.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant Life Sciences, technical, or Engineering domain.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- 0-3 years’ experience in a life sciences research laboratory setting or consulting setting.
- Established record of partnership between scientific and technological roles to create digital solutions.
- Experience with documenting hypotheses, requirements, and experimental outcomes.
- Experience working in Agile development teams is desired.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.