Sr. Manager, IT Business Analyst, R&ED Strategic Digital Initiatives
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BMS’s innovative Research & Early Development sites are located across the United States and span therapeutic areas and therapy delivery modalities. Within the Strategic Digital Initiatives team, it is our objective to partner with Scientists across BMS to align our strategic roadmap of software, hardware, and data solutions with their research mission. Specifically, we aim to enable accelerated science by delivering our next generation digital solutions for lab-based R&ED scientists through the Lab of the Future product.
We seek a scientifically oriented Business Analyst to join the Strategic Digital Initiatives team. In this role, you will support the build of the Lab of the Future strategy and governance, liaise with the R&ED stakeholders and project delivery team in all phases of delivery, plan digital solutions, and drive them to completion and facilitate adoption across R&ED. As a member of a matrixed Research & Early Development IT organization (R&ED IT), you will interact with internal and external delivery partners to ensure that the IT environment is organized, integrated, well-supported and easy to use.
- Identify, prioritize, and perform business analysis activities (e.g. current state analysis, future state ideation, requirements documentation) for key products and initiatives related to Lab of the Future
- Example initiatives: Instrument Digital Twin, Smart Glasses
- Document and present findings and requirements (e.g. user stories) across audiences, including technical delivery team, R&ED IT leadership, and R&ED stakeholders
- Liaise with ITBPs, other BAs, R&D stakeholders, and the delivery team to iteratively communicate requirements and facilitate feedback generation and sharing
- Lead the generation of key deliverables, as per initiative-specific requirements (e.g. Go/No-Go deck, Workflows, RFI/RFP material)
- Liaise with external vendors to bring innovative solutions as considerations within BMS environment
- Lead coordination and prioritization of Lab of the Future portfolio of initiatives
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant Life Sciences, technical, or Engineering domain.
- 3-5+ years experience in a life sciences research laboratory setting or consulting setting.
- Established record of partnership between scientific and technological roles to create digital solutions.
- Experience developing and documenting business requirements and acceptance criteria for IT projects.
- Experience with documenting hypotheses, requirements, and experimental outcomes.
- Experience working in Agile development teams is desired.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.