IT Business Partner Chemical Process Development
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
This position is a Business Partner for Chemical Process Development. Will work with the lead Business Partner to support the strategic plan and ensure value for Chemical Process Development or small molecule API development. This role also contributes and supports the digital strategy of the company and collaborates with IT Delivery to identify strategic and innovative uses of technology, leveraging enterprise platforms, emerging technology and cloud solutions to drive the Product Development portfolio.
- Responsible for strategic planning of digital capabilities for all areas of Chemical Process Development (CPD) including engineering technology, sterile product development, oral product development, material science and engineering, laboratory operations, device development and strategic innovation.
- Responsible for development and maintaining collaborative partnerships with CPD stakeholders (PhD scientists, PhD engineers, managers and directors), becoming a trusted partner and advisor to CPD by developing and maintaining domain and functional knowledge related to drug product development. Understanding of current information technology capabilities is required.
- Must be an effective matrix leader of internal IT and strategic external partner resources, ensuring that IT functions are successful in delivery of services to CPD
- Able to identify and help to implement process improvements and IT innovations to support CPD strategy and objectives. Identify and evaluate emerging technologies for use by CPD.
- Proven ability to generate and maintain appropriate documentation for projects as required. Understanding of required SDLC documentation is expected.
- Able to function as a project manager for projects with smaller scope.
- Preferred 8+ years of experience and BS/MS degree in related science or technology
- Preferred 5+ years of Python development experience
- Demonstrated ability to elicit, interpret and document business and functional requirements, particularly in scientific areas.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex domain problems clearly.
- Proven experience partnering with IT delivery teams to translate business requirements into IT solutions that provide positive business outcomes.
- Understanding of Chemical Process Development processes including formulation, automation, large and small molecule analysis, modeling and simulation, drug product devices.
- Experience with technology for data automation, analytics, and scientific workflow platforms.
- Knowledge of programming languages for modeling, simulation and process automation.
- Demonstrated experience leading the planning implementation of digital capabilities for scientific business partners.
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills that build trust and collaboration with partner organizations.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.