Manager, IT Business Process Analyst, R&ED Strategic Digital Initiatives
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
BMS’s innovative Research & Early Development sites are located across the United States and span therapeutic areas and therapy delivery modalities. Within the Strategic Digital Initiatives team, it is our objective to partner with Scientists across BMS to align our strategic roadmap of software, hardware, and data solutions with their research mission. Specifically, we aim to enable accelerated science by delivering our next generation digital solutions for lab-based R&ED scientists through the Lab of the Future product.
We seek a scientifically oriented Business Process Analyst to join the Strategic Digital Initiatives team. In this role, you will support the build of the Lab of the Future strategy and governance, facilitate liaison with the R&ED stakeholders and project delivery team in all phases of delivery, plan digital solutions, and drive them to completion and facilitate adoption across R&ED. As a member of a matrixed Research & Early Development IT organization (R&ED IT), you will interact with internal and external delivery partners to ensure that the IT environment is organized, integrated, well-supported and easy to use.
- Perform business analysis activities (e.g. current state analysis, future state ideation, requirements documentation) for key products and initiatives related to Lab of the Future
- Example initiatives: Instrument Digital Twin, Smart Glasses
- Facilitate project activities that require interface to R&ED, R&ED IT, and project team resources
- Document findings and requirements (e.g. user stories) across audiences, including technical delivery team, R&ED IT leadership, and R&ED stakeholders
- Liaise with ITBPs, other BAs, R&D stakeholders, and the delivery team to iteratively communicate requirements and facilitate feedback generation and sharing
- Facilitate and contribute to the generation of key deliverables, as per initiative-specific requirements (e.g. Go/No-Go deck, Workflows, RFI/RFP material)
- Liaise with external vendors to bring innovative solutions as considerations within BMS environment
- Coordinate regular cadence of meetings in support of Lab of the Future portfolio of initiatives
- Act as key project liaison for R&ED Scientists impacted by key products and initiatives
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant Life Sciences, technical, or Engineering domain.
- 1-3+ years experience in a life sciences research laboratory setting or consulting setting.
- Established record of partnership between scientific and technological roles to create digital solutions.
- Knowledge and interest in developing and documenting business requirements and acceptance criteria for IT projects.
- Experience with documenting hypotheses, requirements, and experimental outcomes.
- Experience working in Agile development teams is desired.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.