Senior Territory Business Manager, Oncology Institutional
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Conduct formal and informal presentations and convey complex scientific information fluently to Institutional based physicians in large academic centers and hospitals or large group practices/groups, in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner
- Provide scientifically sound, constructive feedback on speaker presentations made on behalf of BMS.
- Demonstrates deep marketplace, therapeutic, product and disease expertise based on thorough understanding of rigorous scientific principles and data, including mechanism of action, indications, efficacy, safety, etc.
- Understands and applies knowledge of health care industry, trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmacy-economics, payer/ reimbursement landscape and patient flow/influence between institutions and community practices) and analyze these factors in the development of business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of current or pending clinical pathways within an institution, and how they influence patient treatment.
- Develops and implements account-based business plans that properly identify and prioritize activities to accomplish short and long-term goals.
- Demonstrates highly effective account management skills and exemplary selling competencies.
- Collaborates with territory matrix team on identifying business opportunities and developing appropriate tactics and strategies.
- Builds and maintains strong professional relationships with physicians/HCPs office staff and others in the patient care continuum. Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information.
- Drives market share growth and maximizes sales performance within the indicated use and for the approved patients.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of BMS.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree required
- 5+ years sales experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry OR 5+ years of relevant clinical experience
- Oncology/hematology pharmaceutical sales representative experience in hospitals/institutions and/or clinical expertise (PharmD or BSN) strongly preferred. Demonstrated strong capability in account management skill-sets, superior selling competencies and proven sales performance track record of meeting or exceeding goals.
- Ability to persuasively present approved information to all customers (physicians, clinical pharmacists, healthcare key decision makers) .
- Demonstrated understanding of the business drivers, dynamics, regulations and market access within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network. Effectively uses active listening, probing and other selling skills to enhance communication, build and influence key customers.
- Demonstrated strong business analytics ability to analyze data as well as develop, execute and adjust business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrix teams.
- Demonstrated track record of developing self to drive and enhance performance.
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.