Senior Territory Business Manager - Cardiovascular Sales - US
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are hiring Senior Cardiovascular Retail Territory Business Managers to for several regions across the United States.
- Sales candidates must be able to understand and apply knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends, sales trends, market dynamics, competitors, applicable laws and regulations, and health care payer environment, and analyze each of these factors in the development of actionable business plans and in daily execution of sales calls, within compliance guidelines. Develop and implement territory plans that identify and prioritize activities and resources to accomplish short and long-term sales and business goals.
- An accountable self-starter who can develop deep customer insights, build and maintain strong professional relationships with physicians (primary care and specialists), pharmacists, nurses, office staff and other health care providers in the patient care continuum. Appropriately leverage resources and apply sound account management skills and perseverance to secure customer access and maximize selling time. Utilize deep understanding of disease states, BMS products, and as appropriate, relevant competitor products to tailor interactions with specific customers. Excellent communication skills- verbal and written- including the ability to present to groups.
- Collaborate across the Cardiovascular sales organization, CV Institutional Territory Business Manager, cross functional teams and where appropriate alliance partners. Work within matrix team to identify opportunities and develop appropriate tactics and strategies. Drive market share growth and maximize sales performance within the indicated use and approved patient types.
- Possess a high level of ethics and integrity. Adhere to all applicable laws, regulations, and BMS policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
3+ years sales experience required (this requirement can be replaced by Clinical Cardiovascular experience)
- Pharma/healthcare sales experience preferred and/or cardiovascular clinical experience is preferred.
- Experience as full time Institutional Cardiovascular sales representative, cardiovascular clinic experience or prior account management experience working with medical groups is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in medical profession is advantageous.
- A strong customer focus and analytical skills to identify and prioritize business opportunities is required.
- Proven track record in delivering results and developing innovative approaches in evolving markets.
- Previous new product or concept launch experience desired.
- Ability to learn, apply, and grow disease state knowledge is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and scientific product and disease information to a variety of customers in multiple settings.
- Technical aptitude to learn and apply new technologies to manage a territory is required.
- Ability to demonstrate ethics and integrity at all times
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the territory epicenter or within the territory geography
- As this position requires operation of a BMS-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by BMS in its sole discretion, including: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by BMS.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.