Territory Business Manager, Oncology (Oklahoma City)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This position covers: OKC, Tulsa, Lawton, Norman, Stillwater, Muskogee
The Territory Business Manager builds and maintains strong professional relationships with community-based physicians/HCPs in private practice, medical groups practices, office staff and others in the patient care continuum. The Territory Business Manager is a business leader who represents the integrity of the company by providing approved disease and product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders within the oncology community practice setting.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales targets.
- Develops and implements robust territory business plans centered on performance.
- Develops strong, long-term relationships with customers in all assigned accounts.
- Represents brands and resources in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner; helping external customers understand the benefits and use of products for appropriate patients.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of disease states, BMS brands and relevant competitor products.
- Demonstrates highly effective territory management and exemplary selling competencies.
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishments of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience and information.
- Monitors operating costs and compliance with territory budget.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of BMS.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree required
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience and/or clinical experience required
- Oncology/hematology pharmaceutical sales representative experience in hospitals/institutions and/or clinical expertise (PharmD or BSN) preferred.
- Demonstrated strong capability in account management skill-sets, superior selling competencies and proven sales performance track record of meeting or exceeding goals.
- Demonstrated strong business analytics to understand and analyze business and market drivers, and develop, execute and adjust business plans.
- Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrix teams (teamwork mindset and skill-sets essential).
- Demonstrated track record of developing self to drive and enhance performance.
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Candidates with 3+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience will be considered at the Territory Business Manager, Oncology level and title
Candidates with 5+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience will be considered at the Senior Territory Business Manager, Oncology level and title
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.