Senior Territory Business Manager, Hematology (Charlottesville/Roanoke)
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
We are seeking talented hematology and oncology sales professionals with a proven track record and the drive and initiative to sell in markets that revolve around complex science. BMS has been consistently ranked as one of top sales forces in the industry, because of the knowledge and support the sales team demonstrate to improving the lives of the patients we serve. BMS is an organization that not only recognizes performance, but also the manner in which performance is achieved.
Hematology Territory Business Managers are responsible for achieving all territory sales goals through the promotion, sale and support of company products or services in his/her geographic territory.
- Communicating with physicians and health care professionals in support of approved product indications.
- Providing customers with assistance in the best application of products: answers all questions concerning products, with appropriate referrals where required.
- Preparing and implementing a comprehensive business plan for territory.
- Contacting prospects and explaining features and benefits of products offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques all within the boundaries of the BMS Promotional Policy.
- Collaborating with a variety of internal cross functional partners to include clinical nurse consultants, patient support specialists, marketers, account managers, advocate development managers, professional alliance managers and clinical liaisons.
- Planning and organizing promotional speakers programs in territory in partnership with Speakers Bureau vendor and advocate development managers.
- Communicating competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management.
- BS in Business or Science; 5+ years sales experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry with at least two years of related hematology/oncology sales strongly preferred (or proven success in medical field).
- Proven track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical clinical material clearly and effectively.
- Ability to develop critical relationships with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff within academic hospitals, clinics, and private practice facilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of oncology therapeutic area, products and marketplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare system processes including reimbursement.
- Strong work ethic and ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment.
- Ability to integrate innovative ideas to accomplish corporate and individual objectives.
- Prefer individuals with the desire/ability to relocate for roles of different scope or responsibility.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.