IT Business Analyst Worldwide Patient Safety
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
IT Business Analyst to the Worldwide Patient Safety (WWPS) business function within Global Drug Development. Extremely dynamic environment of critical importance to patient safety and risk management for all BMS products, in development as well as in the market.
In this role, the Business Analyst will learn and demonstrate key skills including process definition and mapping, requirements elicitation and documentation, user acceptance testing, defining, and measuring business value, and technology solution identification.
This will be achieved by:
- Understanding and evaluating current business processes and identifying areas of improvement.
- Acquiring a deep understanding of existing systems/platforms currently enabling Global Risk management
- Capturing business needs and researching new IT advancements as potential solutions to business needs.
- Presenting ideas and observations in meetings.
- Collaborating with end users and stakeholders across IT and Business functions.
- Contributing a steady stream of creative, out-of-the-box thinking in support of innovation and problem solving.
- Serve as Business Analyst on a Global Risk Management IT Product Team.
- Partner with the Lead Product Manager, Technical Lead, Business Lead, and other IT colleagues as part of a Product Team to review and assess demand requests, explore ideas and enhancements, and evaluate requirements and ongoing business-driven change initiatives leading to value driven business cases and well-defined implementation plans.
- Create IT documentation artifacts in support of an agile technology implementation model, including but not limited to requirements specifications, process diagrams, user acceptance test plans, traceability matrices, and wireframes.
- Establishes and develops effective business relationships with IT and Business domain stakeholders to ensure IT can deliver solutions which align with business strategies and divisional priorities.
- Develop strong understanding of existing technologies and business capabilities within the assigned Product Line.
Qualifications & Experience
- Requires basic knowledge and technical skills typically gained through a university degree and minimal relevant prior experience or HS diploma/technical school and relevant certifications plus 2 years of directly relevant experience.
- Makes basic decisions requiring limited judgment and using established procedures and methodologies. Work is done under close supervision
- Does not have any supervisory responsibility; needs to be able to work effectively as an individual contributor
- Responsible for supporting Functional team members and performing basic tasks with some oversight
- Collaborates and works with stakeholders to meet requests.
- Explains own work clearly and explains any independent judgement well.
- Understanding of functional business context and how their work may apply
- Demonstrates openness to learning and developing. Takes a responsibility for their own development and growth.
- Understands the team's performance and how their work may impact the team goal.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.