Director Business Continuity & Integrated Risk Management (GPS Small Molecule)
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Director Business Continuity & Integrated Risk Management will lead and be accountable for the Small Molecule Operating Unit’s Business Continuity (BCM) and Integrated Risk Management (IRM) programs, within the Global Development and Product Supply (GPS) Division. The successful candidate will possess and demonstrate strong risk management acumen, combined with a deep understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry.
Key responsibilities include directing the respective Operating Unit’s BCM and IRM processes. The programs will ensure consistent proactive identification, management, and mitigation of key risks over the short-, medium-, and long term. The candidate will also work collaboratively across GPS and corporate functions to develop consistent systems that can be implemented across the Operating Units.
- Accountable for the GPS Operating Unit BCM and IRM processes
- Accountable for delivery of the annual BCM program, covering internal sites, external manufacturers, suppliers and brands
- Partner with process owner and peers to develop, deploy and continually enhance the BCM and IRM processes for the Operating Unit (OpU), ensuring appropriate engagement and alignment
- Coordinate IRM activities between and across sites, functions and central OpU Strategy & Business Operations organization, working across risk areas (e.g. Quality Risk Management, Third Party Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management)
- Collaborate to enable predictive risk management within the OpU
- Ensure OpU leadership are aware and aligned on BCM and key risks within their respective networks
- Partner and support the wider GPS OpU’s and functions, as required, to enable BCM and adequately position risk at the functional/GPS/enterprise level
- Manage appropriate governance processes at OpU and Functional levels to ensure risk awareness, alignment, and mitigation
- Act as a trusted partner/advisor and subject matter expert for integrated and predictive risk management
- Develop and maintain an engaged community of practice that enables collaboration and alignment
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in Business Continuity, Risk Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Insurance, with broad senior leadership / functional / operational experience
- Batchelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Risk Management, EHS or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrated experience in business continuity, resilience, risk management
- Demonstrated project management capability
- Demonstrated success in the development and deployment of multi-site/divisional wide initiatives and end to end processes in a global environment
- Creative and innovative, possesses strong business acumen and judgement
- Demonstrated influencing and communication capabilities
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.