Cybersecurity Analyst Intern
Cybersecurity Analyst Intern - Summer 2024
Job Description: Leidos is a worldwide defense, intelligence, homeland security and advanced technology company. Our program GSM-O is a United States Government program chartered to provide worldwide Defense Information System Network services to the Department of Defense and national security organizations.
We are looking for highly motivated, driven, capable candidates to join our Cybersecurity/Network Assurance team.
A full-time and fully qualified Cybersecurity Analyst is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities.
Duties: Perform cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlate actionable security events, perform network traffic analysis using raw packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks, and participate in the coordination of resources during incident response efforts.
- Review DoD and open-source intelligence for threats.
- Identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs.
- Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
- Complete moderate-level cyber analysis of potential events.
- Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
As an intern, you would be expected to have academic knowledge of such areas of Cybersecurity and preferably have prior internships or personal/school project work for some hands-on skills.
Required Skills and Education:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's-granting program in Cybersecurity or a relevant discipline is required for consideration.
- Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical Cybersecurity domain.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Understanding of any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics.
- Familiarity or knowledge of malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Familiarity or knowledge of Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATTACK framework.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance; Secret clearance is required to start (selected candidates will be sponsored for required clearance).
- Must be a US Citizen to qualify.
- Work must be performed on Scott AFB Illinois.
- Must have own transportation to enter Scott AFB Illinois.
- Security+ Certification
- Academic knowledge of CND domains (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain).
- Understanding of Computer Incident Response organization or Security Operations Center.
- Familiarity of an enterprise SIEM platform like Splunk or Elastic.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Obtaining a CompTIA Security+ certification (or IAT Level II equivalent) and a CSSP-Analyst certification may be required for subsequent engagement periods and/or full-time employment upon graduation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.