Sr. Analyst- IRS Practice, Procedure & Controversy
Eaton’s Corporate Sector division is currently seeking a Sr. Analyst- IRS Practice, Procedure & Controversy.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $113299.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Corporate Sector is currently seeking a Sr. Analyst- IRS Practice, Procedure & Controversy to join our team. This position is based at our Houston, TX location. Flexible hybrid work schedule available from Houston, TX.
The Sr. Analyst– IRS Practice, Procedure & Controversy will assist in managing Eaton’s IRS Tax Examinations, including support for contested tax matters that are either in IRS Appeals or IRS Litigation. This role is responsible for coordinating with the IRS Exam team and ensuring the completeness and accuracy of information provided to the IRS.
In this function you will:
• Learn all technical aspects of income taxes including federal, international, M&A, and transfer pricing.
• Gain in-depth knowledge of a large multinational company.
• Assist with all aspects of the US Federal tax audit for Eaton and its subsidiaries worldwide.
• Gather and analyze information and draft responses to information requests in accordance with the IRS’s IDR directive.
• Consult subject matter experts both within and outside of Eaton to provide complete, accurate responses to the IRS in a way that mitigates tax controversy. This role will work with Eaton tax professionals in international tax, transfer pricing and tax operations as well as Eaton operations personnel and outside resources such as economists, public accountants, and other tax specialists.
• Assist in keeping the audit moving in a timely fashion by monitoring and facilitating the timely completion of IRS information requests.
• Organize and maintain information requests and related documents, assignments, and due dates.
• Work with the Senior Manager – IRS Practice, Procedure & Controversy and Tax Counsel, where appropriate, to evaluate and defend various complex tax issues including International and transfer pricing matters as they arise during the audit process.
• Coordinate with tax operations to reflect audit results in the tax accounts. Assist with initiation of continuous improvements in conjunction with tax operations in response to audit findings.
• Evaluate developments in IRS practice and procedures for application to Eaton. Stay abreast of changing IRS processes, translating those changes to the parameters in which the organization works.
• Research tax issues, including issues surrounding audit strategy.
• Ability to travel up to 10%.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Tax is required.
• 2 years of experience with public accounting, law and/or corporate tax.
• Relocation is not included with this position; only candidates within the 50-mile radius of Houston, TX will be considered
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
• CPA/MBA certificate is preferred
• Compliance experience is preferred
• Strong administrative organization and documentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including both oral and written communication skills.
• A general and broad understanding of U.S. corporate tax law.
• Solid computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office products. Experience with the CorpTax tax preparation software, BNA Corporate Tax Analyzer, SAP and/or Oracle, and Checkpoint tax research software is helpful.
• Ability to research and apply the U.S. tax law to a variety of technical tax issues.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to analyze tax issues and possible solutions.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.