Federal Tax Analyst (Armonk, NY)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and the workplace.
IBM is a leader in this worldwide transformation and just the place to further define and develop your career in Tax. Our dedicated teams of business professionals give our clients more than solutions – we ask, “what else is possible?”
As a member of our IBM Tax team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your expertise with a market leader, while exploring and connecting with virtually every part of IBM, in over 160 countries.
As a Federal Tax Analyst on the US Domestic income tax compliance team you will:
- Prepare and review of US Federal, State and Local Income Tax returns/extensions/estimated tax calculations for assigned subsidiaries.
- Respond to IRS and state auditor inquiries. These inquiries may be written, by telephone, or in person. Provide information in a timely manner to answer questions or verify information regarding filed tax returns.
- Prepare and review assigned Schedule M and state tax adjustments for US Federal and State Income Tax purposes. Calculate return to provision adjustments and prepare reconciliation of deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Analysis and determine application of relevant Income Tax laws while maintaining appropriate audit ready support.
- Provide support on legal and information document requests, and other ad-hoc projects, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal controls.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years experience in US federal income tax compliance
- 3+ years in Big 4 public accounting OR multinational corporation experience
- 3+ years experience in office software application software products (i.e. Microsoft applications)
- 3+ years experience in Tax compliance software applications (CorpTax, OneSource, Etc).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or Tax
- Experience with data analytics tools
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM